In learning about the complexity and diversity of human behavior, psychology students at Webster University have the opportunity to study the science, philosophical issues, and theories of the discipline in an engaging environment. Offering a diverse psychology curriculum, Webster's psychology professors use approaches that range from the scientific to philosophical and the experimental to theoretical. Through exploration of these methods, psychology students develop and apply problem-solving skills that help them think analytically and communicate persuasively in the professional world.
The bachelor's degree in psychology is ideal for students seeking a strong theoretical foundation in the field of psychology. Students have the option to pursue a bachelor of arts, bachelor of science, or BA with emphasis in mental heath.
Webster also offers a minor in psychology for students who are interested in integrating psychological knowledge with their current academic program.
A master's degree in psychology with an emphasis in counseling psychology is offered to students who want to develop a variety of basic therapeutic skills that enable them to work in a variety of settings including schools, private practice, hospitals, private organizations, and the government.
The psychology master's program is based at Webster University Vienna and Webster University Leiden.
- Clinical Psychologist
- AmeriCorp Volunteer Coordinator
- Social Worker with St. Louis Public Schools
- Research Analyst at Washington University
- Human Resource Specialist at Monsanto
- Independent Film Producer
- Case Manager for HIV/AIDS Outreach
- Crisis Worker
- Teacher with Outward Bound
Approaches to Psychology
- Biological and Evolutionary perspectives: The roles of biological processes, structures, and inherited tendencies in explaining human behavior
- Clinical and Counseling perspectives: The diagnosis and treatment of mental, behavioral disorders, and adjustment problems
- Lifespan Development perspectives: Examination of how individuals grow, develop, and change throughout the lifespan
- Learning and Cognitive perspectives: Examination of the mental processes and environmental situations that underlie, shape, and control behavior
- Social and Cross-Cultural perspectives: The roles of social and cultural influences on behavior
Points of Distinction
- Courses are offered at Webster's global campuses in Accra, Ghana; Athens, Greece; Geneva, Switzerland; Vienna, Austria; Leiden, and the Netherlands.
- The degree opportunities in the Psychology Department are designed according to the most recent research on the scholarship of teaching and learning within the field of psychology.
- Curriculum is constantly updated to meet the best practices advocated by the American Psychological Association.
Psychology Academic Programs
To read about specific program requirements, learning outcomes and how to apply, click on a program from the following list:
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology: Mental Health (BA)
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology (BA)
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology (BS)**
- Bachelor of Science in Psychological Science
- Minor in Educational Psychology
- Minor in General Psychology
- Minor in Health Psychology
- Undergraduate Certificate in General Psychology
- Master of Arts in Psychology with an Emphasis in Counseling Psychology (MA) *
* Offered only at the Webster University Vienna, Austria, campus and the Webster University Athens, Greece, campus
** Offered only outside the United States
Learn more about our accreditation, which applies to all of our campuses, regionally and beyond.
Find out how we support the more than 50% of undergraduates who transfer into our community.
Get Started on Your Program
Take the next step toward earning your degree. We are here to help.
At Webster, your education is flexible and portable.
Five terms in an academic year make it easy to tailor your education to your life. Courses are offered in both semester and 8- or 9-week periods, and can consist of multiple modalities with our assortment of in person, hybrid, and online course options. Webster also offers a variety of degree, certificate, and non-degree programs.
For 40 years Webster has been building a network of campuses to serve local communities, now serving more than 10,000 students across 50 residential, metro, military, and international locations. Our students can start their degree at one location and finish it at another, or seamlessly work on their degree while studying abroad.
Connect With Us
News Around Webster: Hoover, Stroble, Stiles, Grotewiel, McLain, Woolf and Hodson
October 17, 2022
Elizabeth Hoover published a new book; Paul Stroble gave a community lecture and signed some of his books; Deborah Stiles,...
News Around Webster: Carter, Curtis, Erb, Goedereis, Kwon, Stiles
May 4, 2022
News Around Webster: Glaveanu, Gregg, Shah, Stiles, Vienna Alumna
March 18, 2022