Masters in Counseling Programs available in South Carolina
Our professional graduate degree program is divided into areas of emphasis that may not be available at all campus locations. Below is the program of study available at our South Carolina campus locations.
Clinical Mental Health Counseling
The MA in Counseling with an emphasis in Clinical Mental Health Counseling offered at our campus locations in Charleston, Columbia and Myrtle Beach South Carolina is accredited by The Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP). >This is the primary emphasis pursued by our students and is designed for persons wanting to practice all types of counseling. In addition to the basic learning outcomes of the MA in Counseling, the core learning outcomes of this emphasis include:
- Apply ethical and legal standards as well as knowledge of public mental health policy, financing and regulatory processes to mental health counseling.
- Implement mental health counseling principles and practices associated with education, prevention, consultation and intervention.
- Describe how living in a multicultural society impacts clients and apply effective advocacy strategies to enhance mental health services.
- Employ various assessment techniques associated with professional mental health counseling to appropriately intervene in meeting the needs of diverse clients.
- Apply evidence-based research literature associated with professional mental health counseling to meet the needs of clients living in a diverse society.
- Implement diagnostic tools appropriate for mental health counseling professionals to diagnose disorders in diverse clients.
South Carolina MA in Counseling Locations
Outcomes for graduates of the MA in Clinical Mental Health Counseling at the combined South Carolina campuses of Charleston, Columbia and Myrtle Beach:
|Graduates in Academic Year 2017-2018||55|
|Pass Rate on NCE in 2017||64.3%|
|Percentage of students who graduated within 2.5 years of starting the program|
|Job Placement Rate||91%|
|Percentage of graduates who are working full-time, part-time or are continuing their education|
- Previous Student: Ms. Ayanna McNeil
- Current Student: Ms. Danielle Coons
- Site Supervisor: Mr. Chaddrick Middleton
- Adjunct Faculty: Dr. Angelica Greiner
- State Counseling Coordinator: Alexandria Smith
- Current Adjunct Faculty Member: Dr. Jennifer Smith
- Current Student: Ms. Rickia Jessup
Learn more about our accreditation, which applies to all of our campuses, regionally and beyond.
Find out how we support the more than 50% of undergraduates who transfer into our community.
Connect With Us
Webster University Myrtle Beach Professor Focuses Fellowship on Addressing Ghana’s Mental Health Gap
August 17, 2022
Webster University Myrtle Beach Opens Community Counseling and Training Center
August 17, 2022
Webster University to Host Symposium on Mental Health Access as a Social Justice Issue
May 23, 2022
Webster University’s Institute for Clinical Scholarship will host a summer symposium June 18 that will explore access...