Webster's Bachelor of Arts in Political Science program encourages students who are interested in politics, history, law, or government to examine political institutions and analyze how they influence society, culture, and economics. As a political science student, majors and minors develop analytical and problem-solving abilities and improve their communication skills. Undergraduates are able to evaluate the international dimensions of politics and put contemporary issues into historical context in order to build persuasive political arguments.
Featuring courses in American government, comparative politics, international relations, political theory and foreign policy, the political science undergraduate program allows students to select from several elective options to complete their degrees. In addition to receiving a solid foundation for graduate school, Webster students who study political science go on to exciting careers in government, law, business, education, or politics.
Points of Distinction
- Because the political science program is housed in a combined department, political science students get exposure to relevant work in history, international relations, and human rights.
- Webster University’s campuses in Athens, Austria, Switzerland, and the Netherlands provide excellent offerings in history and international relations with recognized scholars in their fields.
- With a class size of 25 students or fewer, students receive personalized attention from faculty.
- Classes eschew studying eras for in-depth explorations of specific topics with expert faculty at the helm.
“This scholarship has allowed me to expand my worldview in ways I never imagined possible, and reaffirms my commitment to global citizenship and my aspirations to serve the United States as a Foreign Service Officer.”
BA in Political Science, '22
Area of Emphasis
- Public Law: Students may choose to earn a bachelor's degree in Political Science with an emphasis in Public Law.
Political Science Academic Programs
To read about specific program requirements, learning outcomes and how to apply, click on a program from the following list:
Get Started on Your Program
Take the next step toward earning your degree. We are here to help.
Learn more about our accreditation, which applies to all of our campuses, regionally and beyond.
Find out how we support the more than 50% of undergraduates who transfer into our community.
Connect With Us
Webster Student Interns for Congresswoman Cori Bush, Finds Renewed Passion for Public Service
October 4, 2022
Webster to Host the Forum “Abortion in America: Past, Present and Future”
August 18, 2022
The in-depth discussion “Abortion in America: Past, Present and Future” will be held on Webster University’s Webster...
Ghana Field Trip to the United Nations Resident Coordinator's Office
April 8, 2022